Re: Java packaging guidelines draft

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 09:50 -0400, Fernando Nasser wrote:
We had agreed on an "exit clause" of dropping this when the RPM/yum Capabilities (?) feature became available to replace the deprecated Groups, so we could mark packages with various attributes like "Java", "JPP" etc, and select them at will in all sorts of operations.

This could just as easily go in the "Group:" tag, and not complicate the
n-v-r.

Unfortunately not. We've tried, remember? There were some bugs/limitations in rpm and yum that prevented us to use it (don't ask me to remember the details after so long, but it is in the archives). Over those 3 months we tried _everything_ in existance util we all concluded that we needed the new tag.