Users and groups -- the static alternative

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

+1 for finding interested contacts in other distros and just submit a
request to the LSB to have the static range expanded

Mats Wichmann of the LSB, and I discussed Linux Assigned Names And Numbers Authority matters at OLS a few weeks ago at some length, and the matter was discussed in the LSB weekly conference call on Wednesday with him and me leading the discussion [the calls are open to persons willing to participate and work -- ask off list if Fedora or Red Hat wish details for calling in -- each has been absent from th process for reasons unknown to me in recent years. -- Alan Cox occastionally chimes in on the mailing list, always with insightful comment, however]
	http://www.lanana.org/
and there is certainly an interest at the LSB in helping reach inter-vendor coordination in this space.

Please feel free to CC me on any proposal for extension as it is worked up.

-- Russ Herrold
	herrold@xxxxxxxxxxxx