Re: Where is the kickstart file for the audio spin?

On 09/05/2012 04:41 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Jørn Lomax <northlomax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The music creation is depreciated and has not been updated since 2010. I
just didn't feel like i should be deleting it. I should actually contact
dtimms about it and see if he still wants it.

The DVD will only ship with KDE. Adding another desktop adds way too many
packages and makes things more complicated than it needs to be. I'm like you
though, I'll be installing gnome after the first boot.

Ah ... OK. I took a look at the kickstart files and the only thing
that doesn't seem to be there that I consider a must-have is Csound.
As far as space is concerned, I can live without an office suite and
games if it frees up room for more audio tools. I can *especially*
live without Calligra. ;-)

At the moment I don't think we are removing any of the default KDE packages. This can change though. If people identify unnecessary large packages so we can include more audio ones I'm all for it.

Jørn, perhaps the next time you run the kickstart you can have a look at the largest and submit to the list possible candidates for removal? kdegames is a good candidate for removal I think.

I personally have no problem including csound by default.