Re: Primary software list is "complete"

On 07/04/2012 01:52 PM, Brendan Jones wrote:
On 07/04/2012 01:30 PM, Jørn Lomax wrote:

[1]]http://jvlomax.fedorapeople.org/fedora-livedvd-jam-kde.ks

Excellent! Commit it to the music-sig's git repo - that's a great start.

It's in fact a whole live KDE DVD (mu fault - I think I gave you the
wrong kickstart to import) + the music packages so theirs lots of room
to cull. Fire it up as a live CD and see what's there.

You could use the kde-liveCD kickstart instead and it would be closer to
1 Gig I think. All the packages you used to build your ISO should be
cached - so building new iso's shouldn't take so long

You could try adding the link to the musicians guide (see example in my
last kickstarts mail).
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/16/html/Musicians_Guide/index.html.
If you set the desktop Categories correctly you can make it sit in the
Multimedia menu with all our other apps.

Chris: there's no Fedora 17 link. I'm not sure how the docs work.

Fixed it now. I think that was my bad, I just based it off the science/games spin (don't remember which) and used which ever include they had. I have updated the kickstart and I'm building in again now.

I'll commit it once I figure out how this git thing work, I'm a SVN guy myself (yes, they exist) and have not really used git much. I'm guessing this will be something like "git add <kickstarfile> && git commit". (don't worry, I'll figure it out for my self ;)

I'll get on to the musicians guide link right away.

--
Jørn Lomax
GSoC atudent, Fedora audio Spin