Re: Music spin development - are you ready to get involved ?

On 22/07/10 01:19, David Timms wrote:
> I have begun a wiki page to help track our goals for an audio creation
> Fedora spin:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AudioCreationSpinDevelopment
> , also available from the links at the bottom of the SIG page:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Audio_Creation
Time pressure has required me to make something ready before Tuesday
this week:
- we already missed the features and spin cutoff date
- created spin page to standard format
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MusicCreationSpinLite

I have made a build of the iso, that works OK (don't bother on a vm):
http://members.iinet.net.au/~timmsy/spin/FedoraMusicCreationLite.F13-x86_64.2010-07-25.c.iso.torrent
I haven't made torrents before so let me know if it doesn't work.

Or you can build the same from the kickstart (see the spin page):
time livecd-creator
--config=/home/infrastructure/software/linux/fedora/kickstart/fedora-livecd-music-creation.ks
--fslabel=FedoraMusicCreationLite
--cache=/home/infrastructure/livecd-build/cache/
--tmpdir=/home/infrastructure/livecd-build/livecd.2010-07-25.c/

That only took real: 13m38.119s, but my ISP is an F13 mirror.

For any who can either build or download (don't know how long that will
take - 720MB iso image), and take the spin for spin.

Preferably, make all comments on the spin development page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AudioCreationSpinDevelopment
in the bugs section.

Note: I have inadvertently removed -anaconda which is not allowed
because it disables installing to disk:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Spins_Guidelines#Live_Spins

Cheers, David Timms