Re: Better information needed for noobs like me

On Sun, 2009-12-27 at 11:11 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> "They" is just "me" and I did not have time to update the web site
> before I left on vacation (I never recommended fc11 as it had a basic
> bug with the alsa sequencer not being loaded that took a _full_ release
> - 6 months! - to get fixed). Fc12 is basically there, there's basically
> just a few meta-packages missing.

That explains a lot. In hindsight it is of course easy to recommend that
the reason for omitting F11 should have been mentioned on that page so
the project didn't seem like it had been without maintenance for 6
months. There are always a lot of dead or dying branches in the open
source world and it is very easy to dismiss anything that looks stale
and just search elsewhere. But then of course "Hindsight is foresight
that happens too late". It isn't easy to see that when you work on the
project and know it's alive. :-)

birger