Re: Introduction

Prudhvi Krishna Surapaneni wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> My Name is Prudhvi Krishna Surapaneni. I am doing my Bachelors
> Engineering in Computer Science ( 3rd year out of 4 year course ).
> I strongly believe that Linux is the Future.And no doubt Fedora Tops
> the List in Availability ( atleast in India ).I love to be a Package
> Maintainer
>
> My CV is http://prudhvi.nipl.net/cv.php
>
> I am also a Server Admin at my College. Please give me a chance to
> prove myself
>
> looking for a quick response
> Thanks
> Prudhvi Krishna Surapaneni
> prudhvikrishna@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:prudhvikrishna@xxxxxxxxx>
>                C.S.E
>               K.L.C.E
>          Andhra Pradesh
>                India
> My Box said: "Install Win XP or better ..." So I installed GNU/Linux.

If you're interested in maintaining packages, Fedora Extras is the
project for you.  You can find more information on Fedora Extras on the
wiki:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras

They have plenty of information to help new contributors get started.
If you need to learn more about packaging RPMs, some of these resources
might be of interest to you:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/BuildingPackagesGuide -
Ignacio's draft Packaging Guide
http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/ - "Maximum RPM" - old, but still highly regarded
http://dag.wieers.com/howto/bits/rpm-build-user.php - Quick how-to for
building packages as a user (does NOT supplant mock, but still useful)

Welcome to the team, and good luck!  Let us know if you need any
assistance.  You can get in touch with us and with other Fedora
contributors using the resources listed at:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64@xxxxxxxxx