Re: Social media wiki gardening

On 10/24/2016 01:14 AM, Jean-Baptiste Holcroft wrote:
Le 23/10/2016 à 16:03, Justin W. Flory a écrit :
Hello all,

This morning, I did some wiki gardening to the "Marketing social
networks" page. This page is where all of our social media presences
are listed. I mostly did two things to the page:

(1) Organized between official accounts, secondary accounts, and
community accounts (with additional sections for community accounts
based on social network)

(2) Updated administrators for all official social media accounts that
I have access to (Facebook, Google+, Reddit, Telegram)

If you have time or know more about some of the other accounts, it
would be appreciated if you could give this page a look and add more
info.

    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_social_networks

Thanks!

I Justin, can you define what "Social Media" is?
I feel like it should be communication-oriented more than just a place
to discuss.

But I'm glad you did this, it makes it more obvious for IRC fans that
many people do not like it.
However, I can't imagine how painful it's going to be to keep up to date.

Firstly, sorry for the slow response here.

For defining social media… how exactly do you mean? I'm not sure if I understand the context behind your idea. Do you mean it should be more inclusive for community-oriented pages or groups?

Admittedly, I don't think it's the most effective way to keep things up-to-date (it was woefully out of shape before I got to it, and even then, the wiki edit history seems to show it falls behind and then is updated in a short sprint). I also don't think the purpose is to necessarily show that people "don't like IRC", but it's helpful to know how we can communicate with a greater audience of users and not just contributors. I'm hoping some of the restructuring to the actual page I did will help for keeping this info up-to-date and organized, but I imagine there are probably some better solutions... I'm open to ideas. :)

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory