Re: [proposal] Profile Series – Who is Fedora?

On 11/26/2015 09:41 AM, charles profitt wrote:
On Thu, 2015-11-26 at 09:23 +1000, Ryan Lerch wrote:
On 11/26/2015 01:38 AM, charles profitt wrote:

1. I do not want to step on Ryan's toes and do stories that are
exactly like his unless he is OK with that.
No toe-stepping at all! would love to see more in the How do you
Fedora? series :)
Awesome. I will get to work on sending out the questions to people and
putting some articles together. I look forward to working with you and
the Fedora Magazine team to produce and publish the articles.

If there are suggestions of people to profile please let me know.

Thanks,

Here is the email that i was sending out to people:

Thanks for contacting us at the Fedora Magazine! Would you be keen to tell your story as part of our "How do you Fedora?"[1] series?

Be sure to check out a few of the ones that we have already done like Major Hayden[2] and Maria Leandro[3] for a guide on how these are typically written. We typically try to avoid bullet-point lists of hardware and software -- it is much more interesting to explain what software you use and why rather than listing a bunch of application names.

Here are the set of questions:

1. Who are you, and what do you do.
This can cover a range of things including  your day job, hobbies, and if you contribute to Fedora, explain what teams you are a part of, and any other details like packages you maintain. Probably also list here how long you have been using Fedora too, and maybe some background as to why and what you switched from.

2. What hardware do you use?
This would include both for your desktop(s), and any servers / cloud stuff you have anywhere to get your job(s) done. Details like mouse / keyboard / monitors / laptops used are good here too, and maybe a little bit on how well they work on Fedora.

3. What software?
Probably start out with what version(s) of Fedora you are running, and should really build on what you listed in 2. including details like the text editor you use in certain contexts, the desktop you use, any tweaks you do to your desktop to make it easier, and any other software you use to get the job done.

Also, a photo of you to include in the post, the wider the better. We try to crop them to 945x400 pixels for display in our theme. Any screenshots of your software / hardware setup might be useful too (if you are willing to share).

plain text (or markdown) is probably the best way to get it back to me, and be sure to include links for the software that you use too :)

cheers,
ryanlerch