Re: Fedora Council blog [was Re: New Magazine theme]

On 04/16/2015 11:04 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 11:39:03AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
I don't think this doubles the workload in my experience running
Wordpress.  Most of the work is either non-duplicative anyway, like
editing or writing articles, or is nominal effort once you do it on
one site, like testing changes, plugins or upgrades and then
implementing on both sites once satisfied.
So, I raised this with the Council, and people are wildly in favor of
having a Fedora Council blog:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/council-discuss/2015-April/013272.html

I'm coming back _here_ because of this comment above — rather than
setting up a completely new stand-alone instance and _definitely_
doubling the workload, how would we go about creating this new site in
a way that fits with what you're saying? (That is, who do I need to
cajole into doing what, in order to make this a reality?)

i am not a sysadmin, but I am a little unsure of using the multisite stuff. We have had a few issues with performance in the past, and not sure if a multisite would make these worse. But implementation aside for a moment (i'll leave that for people that know this stuff) -- the idea here is that there will be Fedora Magazine (for primarily user-facing stuff + a little community cross-seeding) and the "Community Blog / Council Blog"

Just a quick question about the council blog -- will this just be a voice for members of the council? or general community news / updates? (IMHO, the latter is where we should be at)

cheers,
ryanlerch