Re: Redoing the categories [was Re: anyone got any articles in the wings?]

On 10/13/2014 04:59 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 04:38:25PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
I like this idea.  Let me see if I understand it: If you hit the site
blindly (http://fm.o) you'd see the general user feed (e.g. "For
Users").  There'd be some way to choose "For Contributors" and you
could see that stuff too.  Is that accurate?
Yep. See right now where we have
    Fedora News | Fedora This Week | Events | Fedora Badges | Videos
We would instead have
   Fedora User Stuff | Fedora Contributor Stuff | Fedora This Week

I think "For Users" and "For Contributors" are better than anything I could
think of, and also just trying making "Fedora This Week" its own top-level
and not putting it on the others, even though "For Users" is probably the
best front page.

Ryan, Chris, anyone -- what do you think?

Hmmm, not sure about these -- they are categories of audience, rather than of content. Not sure we want to make the divide of intended audience front and centre like that. Maybe we can have:

* Workstation
* Cloud
* Server
* Community
* This Week

I think those will cover most of the possible content we will generate.

also, are we intending for posts to be in just one of these categories? or 1 to many of these categories?

--ryanlerch