Re: Muktware: Red Hat Clarifies Doubt Over UEFI Secure Boot Solution

On 06.06.2012 13:24, Álvaro Castillo wrote:

Debian Project, FreeBSD team, OpenBSD team, NetBSD team, Linux Mint,
Mageia, Ubuntu... is not firm this, this is a solution at this moment,
and not making deals with mobsters, I think :D

All of them run on Intel processors. Intel is a company that has been found to be guilty of illegal practices against AMD. So who is not making deals with mobsters? ;-)

And how does being against something help solving the problem? Where were all of them when UEFI was defined and this evil scheme was accepted? Now that it *actually is* implemented, we are forced to solve this problem. Being against it doesn't solve it.

Yes, that is pragmatic. Sorry for that. But as Matt has explains over and over again for months and months, we *knew* this was coming. And he tried hard to find a better way. And he (and a lot of other people) are actively looking for better solutions.

Instead of dismissing that, it might actually be better to help.

Jan

--
Jan H Wildeboer                |
EMEA Open Source Affairs       | Office: +49 (0)89 205071-207