Re: Doom engines

Hi,

On 08/21/2011 05:06 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 08/21/2011 08:29 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> First of all thanks for doing the vavoom update!
>
> You are welcome.  Do review the changes because I was doing it fairly
> blindly.     FYI,   I have been discussing with freedoom upstream about
> doing more regular releases and have updated the current package to the
> latest git snapshot locally.   I will post the changes for review after
> I get some input from upstream.
>

>> As for the interaction with doom-shareware from rpmfusion, we
>> could make it first check if that is installed, and if so
>> not check for the files under ~ and use autodownload to get
>> them at all, instead simply launching $engine with the necessary
>> options to use the files under /usr/share put there by the
>> rpmfusion package.
>
> I think you are in a better position to do what it is necessary here but
> I will be happy to review any new packages.

I'm not so sure about me being in a better position, I really don't have
much time if any at all atm to work on this (proof of point, see how
long it has taken me to get around to answering this mail).

So if possible it would be great if you could make the necessary changes,
I will happily help were I can. I think putting the autodl and launch scripts
into a new doom-common package is a good idea.

> I have already built
> Chocolate Doom for Rawhide and Fedora 16 and have been reading up on the
> status of the various Doom "ports"  for the last few days to figure out
> which ones to package.   I will post on a update on that too a bit later.

Regards,

Hans