Re: Games Spin Update - Looking good for alpha release

Callum Lerwick wrote:
On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
One important consideration came up that I had not previously considered. Vfat
files are limited to less than 4 GiB. Considering the audience for the
published games spin, I think we want to keep the iso image under 4 GiB so
that people using vfat file systems can use the games spin iso.

Are we really that worried about people still using Windows 9x? Anyone
using XP or newer ought to be using NTFS by now.

Though FAT is still common on removable media. Are we looking to boot
the image from an 8gb+ USB stick?
I think that is very plausible, or at least an external hard drive for portability. We should always plan for something to be used in an way not originally envisioned.

-Steven