Re: opengroupware for FE

On Jul 11, 2006, at 11:15, Axel Thimm wrote:
On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 02:02:55AM +0200, Helge Hess wrote:
Note: gnustep-make != gnustep-make. You need to consider the
configuration of gnustep-make. If its configured for the gnu-fd-nil
library combo (as currently required by OGo), it won't work with
GNUstep and the other way around.
I though the parameter was the _default_ combo and could be overridden
later on. Or does one need the "fat binaries"?

Hm, yes, you are right. One can switch the library combo using a script (probably not even necessary for compilation, just doing a "make LIBRARY_COMBO=gnu-fd-nil" might do in this case).

Wrt the issue report, I'm trying hard to push FHS into GNUstep for a
few years now. And while people do not seem to object anymore (no
religious discussions like before), the people who need to do the
required work (mostly Nicola Pero) are too busy to actually do it ;-/
Do you have fhs patches for gnustep-make?

No. We hack that a layer above in the makefiles (fhs.make), which is quite annoying but works.

Greets,
  Helge
--
Helge Hess