Re: Recapitulate the current state of Fedora Extras and some ideas to make it better

On 7/9/06, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sure, that's a solution (at least for all those that use procmail). But
I'd prefer a solution on the server side that gets maintained
automatically because a local setup is much more likely to break
(package renames, forgetting to add new packages,...).

A point you just made in passing is relevant -- I suspect there are a
goodly number of us (like me) who prefer to let the good folks at
google (or elsewhere) deal with our mail, and lack the ability to
create truly sophisticated filters.  A solution on the server side is
consistent, universal, and places no additional "you MUSTs" on people.

                            -Chris

--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia