Re: adding optipng to extras

Am Sonntag, 2. Juli 2006 18:13 schrieb Jonathan Underwood:

> Yes, I believe that is a blocker. You could package it to use the
> currently packaged version of that library though. Or convince
> upstream  OptiPNG folks to move to using the upstream library,
> submitting their patches if necessary. What library is it that they
> include?

OptiPNG can be compiled with the system libz, but according to the author then
OptiPNG may not be as efficient. He only changed some constants in zlib so I
do not think this will be changed upstream. In libpng he changed some
constants, too. But he also uses some private functions or structures that
cannot be accessed otherwise.

Regards,
Till