Re: adding optipng to extras

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
On 02/07/06, Till Maas <opensource@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
yes, thanks for your comment, actually I was refering to the Guidelines in my
first email. Sorry, that I did not make this clear.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#head-17396a3b06ec849a7c0c6fc3243673b17e5fed90 says that packages should not include their own version of a library. This is
what OptiPNG does. Does this block OptiPNG from beeing added to Extras?

Yes, I believe that is a blocker. You could package it to use the
currently packaged version of that library though. Or convince
upstream  OptiPNG folks to move to using the upstream library,
submitting their patches if necessary. What library is it that they
include?

Jonathan

from the first post:
It uses own version of zlib to get a better compression and pnglib to even work.