Re: KDE Sub-Packaging Approach on Fedora

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
On 20/06/06, Hugo Cisneiros <hugo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For example: if you install kdegames with yum, it adds all the sub-packages as dependencies. But if you later uninstall kdegames-foo, it wil only uninstall kdegames-foo and the kdegames meta-package. All other subpackages will remain
untouched.

OK - I'd missed that subtelty, sorry. I suppose that's the best (most
consistent) situation that can be hoped for.

Or, follow what koffice in Extras did, and use a meta-package named koffice-suite. A nice advantage of this approach is that since the old name is no longer being used, we have the opportunity to drop all those darn Epoch's from kde packaging.

-- Rex