Re: top 10 wiki pages that should become docs

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 04:57:00PM +0000, Justin W. Flory wrote:
> It would be helpful to communicate these changes out to build awareness
> and attract new contributors. I want to help contribute time to move
> community wiki pages to docs and help build awareness for this migration
> (but need help to do this).

Yeah. There's some degree of chicken-and-egg -- we need to have the
infrastructure in place and some good examples. I was thinking a comm
blog post would be a good idea, but hadn't gone much past that thought.
:)

> By early November, I want to do a post or first part of a mini-series on
> the Community Blog to help explain **why** these changes are important
> and why we need help from others to do it. I assume the comment about
> most people knowing of the planned migration is aimed at the docs team,
> not the wider community. I want to help build that awareness outside of
> this team too – not just that it's happening, but why it's happening.

+1 -- yes, awesome.

(I'll leave the rest to someone actually directly involved with Docs.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>