Re: Converting DocBook to AsciiDoc

Since I have worked on this for our downstream documents, I will be happy to help in the conversion and migration process. Let me know :)

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 1:32 PM, Robert Kratky <rkratky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 16, 2017, at 09:11 AM, Jean-Baptiste Holcroft wrote:
>> Le 14 juillet 2017 19:36:59 UTC+02:00, Jaromir Hradilek
>> <jhradile@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>> >Hello everyone,
>> >make it modular. To convert it, he used docscii [2].
>> >the upstream project does not seem to be active any more, with the last
>> >
>> >commit being over four months old
>> It is a great news to have a working tool for converting our doc! Thanks
>> for this recap.
>>
>> I'm unsure we can say the project is inactive if the last commit is for
>> month old.
>
> I agree.  It would be great if you could contact the upstream directly
> before we fork it Jaromir.
>
>> Anyway, do we have a clear overview of what we want to convert and we
>> would like to rewrite in a modular way?
>
> From the last meeting, the priority was to complete conversion of the
> following:
>
> - Sys Admin Guide
> - Installation Guide
> - Release Notes
>
> Then we want to publish them from AsciiDoc sources by (the aggresive
> goal date of) 1 August 2017.
>
> Other content should be lifted in a topic based manner once we have
> topics worked out at Flock.
>
>> There probably is people like me who can convert but don't have
>> time/skills/English to rewrite.
>
> I believe that between Robert and Ryan this is almost done - but they
> would be best to answer.

Just let me know whenever you want the RN converted.

Also, do we have a plan for how to handle the transition in the repo?
Perhaps a new branch with the converted sources, waiting to replace
stuff in master when the backend is ready?

Robert

>> Do we have a global website to welcome guides?
>> I also wish to go further in the translation tests. Brian did push
>> content for the budget website in our translation platform, but I never
>> saw a translated website.
>
> You will see something soon :)  I hope to publish a test translation
> from your code in the next two weeks so we can keep working on the kinks
> in the system.  There will need to be new strings pushed when we go live
> from AsciiDoc and hopefully we an start test builds soon after 1 August.
>
>> Can we work on this subjects during flock?
>
> yes :) and YES!
>
> regards,
>
> bex

Regards,