Re: Converting DocBook to AsciiDoc

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017, at 09:11 AM, Jean-Baptiste Holcroft wrote:
> Le 14 juillet 2017 19:36:59 UTC+02:00, Jaromir Hradilek
> <jhradile@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> >Hello everyone,
> >make it modular. To convert it, he used docscii [2].
> >the upstream project does not seem to be active any more, with the last
> >
> >commit being over four months old
> It is a great news to have a working tool for converting our doc! Thanks
> for this recap.
>
> I'm unsure we can say the project is inactive if the last commit is for
> month old.

I agree.  It would be great if you could contact the upstream directly
before we fork it Jaromir.

> Anyway, do we have a clear overview of what we want to convert and we
> would like to rewrite in a modular way?

>From the last meeting, the priority was to complete conversion of the
following:

- Sys Admin Guide
- Installation Guide
- Release Notes

Then we want to publish them from AsciiDoc sources by (the aggresive
goal date of) 1 August 2017.

Other content should be lifted in a topic based manner once we have
topics worked out at Flock.

> There probably is people like me who can convert but don't have
> time/skills/English to rewrite.

I believe that between Robert and Ryan this is almost done - but they
would be best to answer.

> Do we have a global website to welcome guides?
> I also wish to go further in the translation tests. Brian did push
> content for the budget website in our translation platform, but I never
> saw a translated website.

You will see something soon :)  I hope to publish a test translation
from your code in the next two weeks so we can keep working on the kinks
in the system.  There will need to be new strings pushed when we go live
from AsciiDoc and hopefully we an start test builds soon after 1 August.

> Can we work on this subjects during flock?

yes :) and YES!

regards,

bex