Re: Fedora Publishing

On 19/02/16 03:05, Pete Travis wrote:
> The system I've been working on is intended to address this by periodically
> querying pkgdb, which maps F$n to rawhide, prerelease, brabched, current
> release, previous release, and eol iirc.  The system then maps git branches
> to release statii so only content from ie current and previous release are
> propagated to the user.  This is similar to the dist-git paradigm, except
> that release branches are not automatically created in content repos; this
> way, expiration of content is automatically offloaded to the CICD process
> unless maintainers take explicit action to branch and update their content
> for a given release.
>
> Some of this code exists, but could use more polish.  I'm currently trying
> to set it up so the branch mapping can live in the content repo, and the
> repo's build process (to a reasonable extent) can be defined in the same
> place as the content.
>
> And yes, pagure compliments this method nicely, especially the online
> editing feature, which iirc pingou began to implement after I discussed
> some of the above with him.

I said this about 9 years ago to a certain documentation manager, who
ignored me of course :), documentation is not software, you are going
through a lot of pain trying to treat it like it is software, maybe we
should avoid that.

It seems like a lot of effort when you could install any old wiki or cms
and do a report on when something was last changed.

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn
Senior Software Engineer