Re: Fedora Publishing

On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 12:37:58PM +1000, Jeff Fearn wrote:
> If the goal is to get more participants, then if it's not a wiki or a
> Q&A forum, then you are knowingly choosing a tool that is less
> successful in achieving this goal.

I don't think this premise is true at all. We're talking about
something like http://readthedocs.org/, which is *way* more successful
than most wikis. In fact, I think gardened wikis that work are the
exceptions rather than the rule (Arch docs, Wikipedia, and nothing else
at any scale). And forums? Gah! They're a nightmare and part of the
problem. Stack Exchange is successful because it very strongly is *not*
a forum -- and Ask Fedora is less successful because it _is_ a forum
which happens to have a UI which mimics the surface-level appearance of
Stack Exchange.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>