Re: Fedora Publishing

On 05/02/16 06:03, Bryan Sutherland wrote:
​ Have you taken a look at the GitBook (https://github.com/GitbookIO/gitbook and https://www.gitbook.com/). It's a node application that builds books/documentation from Markdown/ASCIIDoc files.

Just a thought...

Bryan ​

We really need to nail down what we want the content to be, how it is structured, and layed out before discussing any toolchain changes.

IMHO, Having many small articles that address a single point or question are much more maintainable and approachable (both for readers and writers). For example, if you want to know how to open a specific port on Fedora, what would you do? -- type "How do i open a port in Fedora?" into your favourite search engine. At the moment, the top hit here is our wikipage on IPtables, and the Fedora Networking guide is not in the first page. (even if you know there is a networking guide, finding that simple nugget of information involves digging through the whole book).

cheers,
ryanlerch