Re: Fedora Publishing

I would absolutely like to get involved. I am free every night this week and also on Friday afternoon. I also have some time on Saturday afternoon and some on Sunday if that is better for you.

David Ashley

On 02/03/2016 11:49 AM, Pete Travis wrote:

On Feb 3, 2016 11:39 AM, "David Ashley" <w.david.ashley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Pete -
>
> I looked around on the Fedora Wiki but I could not find any documentation on how Fedora Docs are published. Could you provide me with a pointer? I have some time and I thought I would try to get myself up-to-speed .
>
> David Ashley
> --

Hey David,

The current process is more or less covered in the documentation guide under drafts at docs.fp.o .  There is a missing step;  the web.git repo is built with publican2 so the action needs to happen in ... an F18 vm, iirc.  Publican handles most of the work; the html content is rsynced hourly by public facing proxies.  Other that some redirects that live in ansible, web.git is the whole site.

FWIW, I'm feeling motivated to work on the replacement this week, we should get together and whiteboard it if you're still interested in getting involved.

--Pete