Re: Release Notes available for Review

2013/5/18 Pete Travis <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hey Jerome,
>
> There are some changes I've applied, and some I need to catch up on. Is it
> better to push these changes to Transifex as they happen? I've been holding
> back for proofreading and feature changes, with the impression that it would
> make less overall work for translators.
>
> In the next week, my plan is to review for feature changes and suggested
> fixes so there's something to publish for the Beta release, including
> updated translations. Thanks for your help in doing double duty as both
> translator and proofreader!

Hi Pete,

In my view, as we translators usually either use Transifex's online
interface or advanced tools such as Lokalize which maintain a
translation memory, you should push modifications as soon as possible.

Release early, release often. Or said otherwise: the earlier, the better.

That way, unstranslated strings would be spotted early, and we could
easily reuse previously translated strings using the translation
memory.

So go for it as they come. That's my own view, others may have a different PoV.

Maybe you'd want to ask on trans@gp.o ?
Or just proceed, as only one or two languages seem to go fast here.

Regards,

J.
--
Jérôme Fenal