Re: Release Notes available for Review

On May 18, 2013 1:26 PM, "Jérôme Fenal" <jfenal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2013/5/15 Pete Travis <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > On 05/14/2013 03:21 PM, Leslie S Satenstein wrote:
> >
> > I have corrected and revised the English F19 release notes. Up to the end of
> > section 3.  There is an attachment to Bugzilla. which is the new text
> > following corrections.
> >
> > The original is still on the website in English
> >
> > Here is what I have modified. (refer to attachment)
>
> Hi all,
>
> Don't know if modifications were applied to Transifex, here's a bunch
> of updates while I proofread content already translated to French,
> including old content.
>
> Feedback
> ========
> * A list of commonly reported bugs and known issues for this release
> is available from <ulink
> url="" href="http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F18_bugs">http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F18_bugs">
> --> URL to set at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F19_bugs, the
> page does indeed exist. Any mean to make a redirection in the wiki
> (Current_Fcurrent_bugs page for instance) to avoid modifying doc again
> and again the same it's done with &FPRODVER; entities?
>
> Hardware overview
> ===============
> * Additional space is also required for any user data, and at least 5%
> free space should be maintained for proper system operation.
>
> Use "5&percnt;" or double % (5%%) to comply with gettext "%" handling,
> and to avoid issues in Transifex.
>
> Overview
> ========
> Double slash in URL:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases//FeatureList
>
> RelNotesDirChange
> ===============
> Beginning with Fedora 18, the Release Notes are stored in
> <filename>/usr/share/doc/fedora-release-notes-18.0/</filename>.
> --> Use &PRODVER; in the URL.
>
> Desktop
> =======
> Fedora PRODVER; includes the latest version of the
> <application>GNOME</application> desktop, 3.8.
> --> missing "&" in &PRODVER;
>
> Amateur Radio
> ===========
> Addition of the ability to add and connect formally defined
> asychronous message ports to signal processing blocks and hierarchical
> blocks
> --> s/asychronous/asynchronous/
>
> That's all for now.
> More to come as we continue proofreading already translated strings,
> and translate new strings.
>
> Regards,
>
> J.
> --
> Jérôme Fenal

Hey Jerome,

There are some changes I've applied, and some I need to catch up on. Is it better to push these changes to Transifex as they happen? I've been holding back for proofreading and feature changes, with the impression that it would make less overall work for translators.

In the next week, my plan is to review for feature changes and suggested fixes so there's something to publish for the Beta release, including updated translations. Thanks for your help in doing double duty as both translator and proofreader!

-- Pete