Re: reviving Fedora Legacy

Matthew Miller wrote:
On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 10:47:15AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
along with infrastructure, you need a release engineer.  Somebody who's
going to babysit the collections, do buildroot overrides to build chains
of packages, do package signing, urge (a) bodhi into pushing the
updates, making sure they get rsynced properly, dealing with bug reports
about broken deps, so on and so forth.  I say this, because I'm not
about to volunteer to do that work for you.  I say this also, because
trying to bring somebody in to do these things on the "LTS" section, but
isolate that person from the normal section is going to be difficult, if
we have to go that route.

And let's be clear: this alone is a full-time job. Or job and a half.

Ahh, nostalgia for the old days when Freshrpms and a few others were one-man shows covering most of the early RH releases and some of the fedoras beyond their own supported life - and inventing the way to do it. Maybe you could find a third party site to take over...

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx