Re: [Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 08:17 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

> Can I buy one copy of a Red Hat package and redistribute it as the GPL
> permits for any GPL covered portion?  Or install on as many machines as
> I want?  Does every part that has any GPL component permit
> redistribution of the work-as-a-whole?

You can, however you would be violating the terms of your Red Hat
Network service, and Red Hat would be in their rights to terminate your
service.

Common misconception.  You don't buy RHEL.  You buy a subscription to
the Red Hat Network service.  Via the RHN service you can obtain further
subscriptions to Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and note there is no version
there.  One RHEL entitlement would work for RHEL2.1 on up to RHEL5,
whichever one you choose.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!