Re: Xorg 1.5 missed the train?

Erich Zigler wrote:

I see and agree with the point of not being held hostage by a vendor,
and there is no winners here. Only losers and those losers are the
Fedora users who depend on the nvidia drivers

Yes. Once users start depending on proprietary drivers, they have already lost the game. I am reminded of this discussion from Linus.

http://lwn.net/1999/0211/a/lt-binary.html

"Basically, I want people to know that when they use binary-only modules, it's THEIR problem. I want people to know that in their bones, and I want it shouted out from the rooftops. I want people to wake up in a cold sweat every once in a while if they use binary-only modules."

Rahul