Re: Summary of the 2008-04-08 Packaging Committee meeting

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> What Jason complains about is that after
taking all the jpp changes for a long time, when some problems were
identified fedora side jpp was not notified of the fixes (aka downstream
patch hoarding).

Just one further note, since I didn't make it clear in the last email. It's not downstream patch hoarding if JPackage is not upstream. Since there's no syncing between the packages since devrim took over, I'd be hard pressed to say there is an upstream-downstream relationship between the currently maintained package and the JPackage one. There was a historical relationship but the package went the derived route instead of the upstream-downstream route when the new maintainer took over.

-Toshio