Re: knetworkmanager, nm-0.7

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Christopher Aillon <caillon <at> redhat.com> writes:
I can't. Much earlier in the release cycle, NM was not functioning to any level of usefulness. So, we'd have had a rawhide with "broken" networking for everybody that had forgotten how to use ifconfig and iwconfig and all those nasty command-line thingies.

So the right thing would have been to postpone the feature to F9, not squeeze it into F8 after the feature freeze, without caring about what breaks.

Somehow the GNOME applet works, even though it was pretty much the same state the KDE one is when it first landed. If someone wanted it to work badly enough, it would be. Because all the notice in the world was given.