Re: For your consideration: Secondary Architectures in Fedora

On 5/29/07, Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know this is going to break a lot for secondary architectures. Things
like glibc and gcc are going to fail a few times on sparc before we get
it right. Consider this for multiple secondary architectures (alpha,
arm, ia64, s390, sparc), and you start to see why this needs not to hold
up the primary architectures. Packagers start cursing at the slow and
broken architectures, and people try to short circuit the process by
just assuming those arches won't work and setting ExcludeArch
agressively.

Okay I see your point about the low level stuff.

-jef