Re: Future Fedora Development

On 5/24/06, Steve G <linux_4ever@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> - multiple digests operation (openssl, gnutls, nss .. some programs are
>>   now linked with *all* avalaible implemntations 8-0 ),
>
>Yeah, I agree.  OpenSSL seems to be the most comprehensive, but
>its licence stinks and this is why gnutls was written in the first
>place.  Now that Mozilla adopted the triple MPL/GPL/LGPL license,
>there's no reason to keep gnutls any more.

We need to try to streamline the number of SSL implementations for another
reason, FIPS 140-2 certifications. I think that FIPS 200 will be applicable next
year which pulls in the requirement of all crypto being certified.

Actually depending on the part of the US Goverment that needs FIPS-200
certification now (or at least say that we need a 180 day exception to
get FIPS140-2 certifications)

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator