Re: Questioning Pirut

On 02/19/2006 09:29:00 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

When you mention bugs, I would immediately like to see them followed bynice informative bug reports. When you mention UI issues, mockups wouldbe great contributions to help in the design of a better UI and whilehanging out on #fedora-devel you could always ping and talk to Jeremyand others over their plans for Pirut. Perfectionism is the root of allevils.

Triggered by this thread, I just tried pirut for the first time, and while it may lack polish, it certainly works. There's two observations that I'll be happy to turn into bugzilla RFEs if so desired:

1. the packages added (or in this case removed) apparently are not added to yum.log - I wish they were; 2. I wish the "details" that you've got 15 seconds to look at contain a list of the packages that are actually going to be added / removed, not just the ones drawn in for dependencies - I removed "dial-up networking", since I'm on cable modem I figured I don't need them, and then saw minicom being erased, which I wanted to keep (but not for dial-up). Easily enough to revert with yum, but I should have been able to avoid it.

Thanks, Willem Riede.