Re: yum clean bug

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Neal Becker wrote:

Well, for the record, I disagree.  Is there really any reason for disabling,
except that the repo doesn't play nicely with others, so that I don't want
it enabled by default?  If so, why would I run clean all, and not want to
clean it?

Yup, I really don't see what's there to "protect" in cached data from somewhere. It's not like where talking about personal documents and such...

The fact is, I have a couple of repos disabled by default, such as
updates-testing.  They had eaten lots of disk space.  I did clean all.  I
certainly did not expect this behavior.

This is precisely the reason I dislike the current behavior - if I ask yum to "clean all" I really expect it to clean ALL of the cache and not leave old junk from disabled repos around, eating disk space.

If this is really the way we want it to act, please clearly document that we need to add --enablerepo=* to clean disabled repos.

I guess can live with that, it just feels rather counterintuitive to me to have to mess with repo settings to clean cache data. If somebody can come up with a real, sane usage scenario why leaving disabled repos alone on clean operations is a good idea it might help making it feel a bit less odd. :)

	- Panu -