Re: yum clean bug

seth vidal wrote:
On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 23:22 +0100, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
How about repos that have been renamed or removed? Should we just accept that the cache for those repos will continue to waste space on our harddrives for eternity?

you should accept that yum no longer has any information on those repos
or where their cache information is stored.

yum created that data in yum's cache directory - how can it not have information about those repos - yum should ask ls or something. Seriously though, yum's cache directory really should be considered yum's to handle.

Other than that, we need to make tmpwatch monitor that directory too, by default since it really is a tmp directory that it's app does not care to clean up.

/Thomas