Re: xz backdoor

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Branched enables updates-testing... so if you installed f40 anytime, you
> will have it enabled and if you then applied updates it would be in them

Yet another thing I always said was a bad idea, and this incident proves it.
This would have been filtered before reaching most people if we made people
only test what actually ends up in the composed Beta and Final images, i.e.,
updates that made it out to stable.  In addition, having updates-testing
enabled makes it unsafe to upgrade a Beta installation to Final because
suddenly updates-testing gets disabled, but people still have packages from
updates-testing (such as the backdoored xz, but also tons of untested
packages or ones that explicitly failed testing) installed.

        Kevin Kofler