Re: just to let you know FESCo agreed to a preliminary injunction while we consider this issue

On Thu, 2024-02-08 at 22:04 -0500, Steve Cossette wrote:
> [...]
> > >

> > The usual is, if someone want maintain the package , they can
> > maintain
> > it, no one complains about an hypothetical burden
> >
> > > However, that would be counter to the original purpose of
> > > dropping
> > > the
> > > functionality from the packages maintained by the KDE SIG. But
> > > again,
> > > nobody can *force* package maintainers to support something they
> > > don't
> > > want to support.
> >
> > They don't have support X11 , they have the work of keep the
> > removal of
> > X11 in their packages  .
> >
> > Other thing that KDE SIG misses , is how testing , let says, as
> > usual,
> > some app crash , and we ask have you wayland session or X11
> > session, if
> > you have wayland try X11 , if it runs at X11 and crash on wayland ,
> > this fact can help find the problem and not the opposite .
> >
> > also in kde-wayland you can run in x11 envoirment with env
> > QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb
> >
> > So just thinking removing this part of the functionalities on KDE ,
> > IMHO is lack of knowledge of graphics and bad for Fedora. IMHO the
> > future is have both technologies and not replace it
> >

> > Is very sad read that some people think in remove it and force
> > people
> > use an technology that they think that don't have some important
> > features and issues in his opinions , is less important than false
> > argumentation , that will give burden . when they are burned to who
> > want use X11
> >

> > > So in this case, I think it would be good to have
> > > something like a clarification to the Updates Policy (and / or
> > > other
> > > policies, as necessary) for this case to resolve the
> > > contradiction -
> > > something like "updates for KDE Plasma packages are not required
> > > be
> > > coordinated with packages for the Plasma / X11 session".
> > >
> > > I'm also unsure how handling bug reports would best work in this
> > > situation. People *will* report bugs against the wrong
> > > components,
> > > causing additional work for the KDE SIG. (Hell, I'm getting bug
> > > reports filed against elementary / Pantheon packages, and there's
> > > not
> > > even a usable Pantheon session in Fedora yet!)
> > >
> > > Fabio
> > > --
> > > Do not reply to spam, report it:
> > > https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/new_issue
> >
> > --
> > Sérgio M. B.
> > --
> >

> I am not gonna reply to all of that because all we are doing at this
> point is repeating the same thing. But we are NOT stopping you from
> using x11. You can either build it yourself and put it on a copr
> (it’s not like neal is using voodoo in his copr), use the copr we

so you agree that are giving the overhead to us (the people who want
keep X11 as it is )

> With the change proposal, fedora (as a distro) the kde sig has
> proposed to move away from packaging x11 for plasma 6, and by
> accepting the proposal, fedora (as an entity) agreed.
>
> Fedora has a reputation of moving forwards, not going backwards.

Other false excuse, we not going backwards and we not moving forward,
we are moving to swamp , with people divided, which never happened to
me and I use Red Hat 1998 (more or less) and started  maintaining
packages in 2012

--
Sérgio M. B.