Re: just to let you know FESCo agreed to a preliminary injunction while we consider this issue

Neal Gompa wrote:
> My position as the KDE SIG lead based on discussions within the SIG is
> that re-introducing these packages in the main distribution would
> destroy the main point of our efforts: driving KDE Plasma Wayland to
> be the best and most complete experience. The signal of dropping
> Plasma X11 largely drove a lot of improvements in Plasma 6 very
> quickly that I do not believe would have otherwise occurred. The
> upstream KDE developers did a lot of work for us because we
> communicated priorities and worked with them very early to frame the
> roadmap for the future of Plasma Wayland.

So basically you are trying to strongarm upstreams (KDE, but also third-
party application developers) into supporting Wayland by boycotting X11.
That makes it all the funnier that you are then accusing me of trying to
"strongarm" you "into supporting X11" (as Steve Cossette (farchord) wrote in
the FESCo ticket).

> We started signaling our intent two years ago to drop Plasma X11 with
> Plasma 6 at Akademy 2022, but even most of that effort wasn't taken
> seriously until last year, when I reiterated it again at Akademy there.

I am not surprised that your announcements were not taken seriously, because
dropping X11 sounds so unreasonable to not just me that it just cannot be
taken seriously.

        Kevin Kofler