Re: It’s time to transform the Fedora devel list into something new

On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 10:21 PM Kevin Kofler via devel
<devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Kamil Paral wrote:
> > I've spent more than a decade perfecting my email filters and I have a
> > setup that works for me very well. I dislike certain aspects of mailing
> > lists (cross-posting, top-posting, reply-to, etc, which just can't work
> > well when everyone has to be vigilant all the time to do things right),
> > but I *like* my existing setup and processes. But that's me, us, the old
> > timers.
>
> But that is exactly why it is an absurd idea to move away from mailing
> lists. Fedora will *lose* all the existing contributors like you or me.

I want to make sure I understand that statement.  You're saying you
will actively walk away from Fedora because you would have to change
the manner in which you discuss things?

That's certainly a choice one could make.  Personally, I would not
prioritize keeping my bespoke email setup intact over working with a
community on a project I care about.  If there's even a remote
possibility moving to Discourse will attract more contributors to
Fedora then I'd happily learn how to deal with it.  Change is
difficult, but in the end it's something we're all capable of.

josh