Re: It’s time to transform the Fedora devel list into something new

On Tue, Apr 25, 2023 at 02:00:02PM +0200, Kamil Paral wrote:
> This is a part I agree with. I've been very annoyed by the gamified
> achievements, and I haven't found a way to completely shut them off.
> Fortunately they stopped appearing after some time, perhaps I earned all of
> them already. Or perhaps they were enabled on Ask, but they're not enabled
> on Discussions?
>
> Matt, is this something configurable?

Yes, I turned them all off on Discussion. (Except the one for having 10+
accepted answers in Ask.) My intention (in very hacky prototype currently)
is to replace those all with Fedora Badges.

These will only appear for people who have enabled that (although we may
want it to default to on eventually, once Badges is in better shape). And
while I hope to have some for Discourse participation, those will be part of
the overall Fedora Project ones. (Including replacing the 10+ answers one.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>