Re: It’s time to transform the Fedora devel list into something new

Am 21.04.23 um 01:34 schrieb Stephen Smoogen:

That said, I don't think I will be greatly active after the move. I have tried Discourse for a year, but have found it to be like every forum and BBS I have tried for the last 30 years.. frustrating and needy.

ACK.

- you do not see, what new answeres have arrived
- you need to open and login into it, everytime your browser gets started
- you need to actively look into any open TAB for any ML with theire own discourse-like-websolution
- you are required to work with tools that specific service offers
- "offline" breaks the workflow
- you need a shitload of traffic to archive the same result, as you can have with one single email.
- it takes longer to find something
aso. aso.

and best of all:

- you (multiply this with any participant) need way more cpu power (at home and on the server) to archive the same results => Which is bad for the climate!!!

Mails get concentrated in one place in an efficient way, with a short and easy workflow in one system, we all need to work on a day-by-day basis, or do you know anyone who can uninstall his/her mailapp after the Fedora ML has moved to Discourse? I don't think so.

If "you",reader, have problems following the threads with your mailapp, which was the main argument here, get a better mailapp to handle it.

Best regards,
Marius Schwarz