Re: Would it be useful to have a video call to discuss the "Deprecate Legacy BIOS" Change proposal?

Hello,

> On Thursday, April 14th, 2022 at 8:43 AM, Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply.  You are one of those several people that we have been reading has some good sense for users!

> First: do not panic!

Of course panic is a bad idea.
I am just observing this largest ever (?), very loud public thread.
Our response is to start planning.  It it our "anti-panic" approach and we work to never kick the can too far along.

> Second: This is not a foregone conclusion yet. It's merely a

Yes that is a possibility too.

But I do not even now see it as a choice to NOT begin to plan and act.
Not with this discussion, even if there are some user-supporting voices.

> Third: You pay for enterprise support from Red Hat, Inc. That means
> you have the ability to inform Red Hat through your business
> relationship of your needs.

It is good advice.  Of course we are doing that too.
They listen to be sure. The usual action if not the answer is that RedHat is not Fedora. So use more RedHat.
Of course it is many @redhat voices here, in this Fedora discussion, that look like they are making these proposals.
It is a circle of logic that we have not so much luck with.
In our experience there is there also a disconnection too often between revenue, customer requirements, and developers.  That is a different discussion and, today, it does not really matter what "we" think about it, it is just the way of things.

> As for anyone else looking at this thread with RHEL-tinted lenses as
> more activist RHEL customers, please direct your feedback to your
> account managers.

We cross fingers that like you advise maybe those voices that pay the bills will have some effect.

Jado