Re: F37 Change: Deprecate Legacy BIOS (System-Wide Change proposal)

Michel Alexandre Salim <salimma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> - as I stated, there are offers to help with getting syslinux replaced
>   with GRUB. what I've not stated originally is Chris Murphy brought up
>   protective MBR and switching all new installs to inst.gpt, which let
>   us future proof new installations for when we do kill off legacy BIOS.
>
> What people who want to help needs, though, is some sense that our
> contributions are welcome.

(If you're looking for me to comment on proposals to change live media
generation and installs, I can't really do that - that's Brian's and
Jiri's areas of expertise.)

> - Neal pointed out he has been working on addressing this for a while,
>   and have not put up a Change Proposal because he thought it was
>   premature

While Neal's contributions are as welcome as anyone else's, Neal is not
a maintainer of (or regular contributor to) bootloader packages and it
would be very strange for Neal to propose such a change without
discussing it with us first.  That said, if there was suggestion of such
a proposal, I have missed it (which is very possible given the size of
the thread at this point).

Be well,
--Robbie