Re: F37 Change: Encourage Dropping Unused / Leaf Packages on i686 (Self-Contained Change proposal)

On 3/7/22 2:03 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:
A simpler solution would be to just default-off i686 and check-in some
marker file that indicates the package needs to be built for multilib.
This is how openSUSE does it today with the baselibs.conf file:
https://code.opensuse.org/package/fdk-aac-free/blob/master/f/baselibs.conf

If Fedora wants to adopt "default i686 off" I am OK with that. I will gladly add an "IncludeArch" or whatever macro to wine, mingw-wine-gecko, wine-mono, wine-dxvk, and vkd3d to keep building Wine on Fedora. Yes, it is more than just the 'wine' package that is affected by this.

P.S. (this is directed at the mailing list):
I have built wine for years. I've submitted wine patches. I engage with upstream. Please engage *me* when it comes to changes affecting wine. I'll be happy to answer questions and work with any changes required.