Re: Preventing account takeovers through expired domains

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 9:54 PM Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't think there's any way in IPA to require otp as a requirement for
> group membership currently. (Please let me know if there is).
> Which would leave us checking after the fact and removing people without
> one set, which is a big pile of hassle. :(

Well, should such a policy be enacted, there is the
one time check for existing packagers, and then
just one more step to check box to check for those
that are requesting to be added to the packager
group.

Not ideal, but I would expect doable (unless there
is a lot more churn in the packager group than I
am aware of).

> Enforcing otp per group also would require dev work from what I
> understand. :(

Probably.  Although the requirement to enforce
the most restrictive requirement(s) on a user
that any group requires that the user is a member
of is something that is certainly desirable of better
implementations (and if a group later is changed
to have higher requirements, users that do not
conform would need to be addressed (removal
from group entirely, not getting the group
authorizations, something....).