Re: Do we have any policy for disabling inactive users

Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:
> On 15/02/2022 19:43, Björn Persson wrote:
> > The packager would then be required to authenticate with their existing
> > credentials – or prove their identity in some way that does not rely on
> > ownership of the email address – and set a new email address in their
> > account.
>
> How? I know only one suitable option - an email signed with a previously
> added GPG key, but most users don't have it in their FAS accounts.

Loss of an email address does not imply loss of a FAS passphrase, so in
most cases they would just log in as usual. If they have lost both their
passphrase and their email address, then yes, an OpenPGP key is one
possible method. Theoretically an SSH key could also be used. I don't
think there currently is an interface for managing a FAS account over
SSH, but an ad-hoc manual method could be devised.

Björn Persson