Re: Do we have any policy for disabling inactive users

On Mon, 2022-02-14 at 17:48 +0000, Mattia Verga via devel wrote:
> As I reported in the Fesco ticket, I've published the script to check
> packagers activity at https://pagure.io/find-inactive-packagers
>
> The latest run showed 274 totally inactive packagers [1]. However, I've
> just realized that the activity check made by datagrepper is wrong: the
> current query doesn't show activity **made by** the user, but rather any
> message with an association to the user. That means that if anyone
> reports a bug which is being assigned to a user, datagrepper will report
> that activity. So the real count of inactive users may be well above 274.
>
> Anyone knows how / if there's a way to correct the query to datagrepper
> to only show activity from a user?

There's no standardized way to do that, no. The old fedmsg2meta system
-
https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg_meta_fedora_infrastructure/tree/develop/fedmsg_meta_fedora_infrastructure
- more or less required that message metadata providers offer the users
associated with a message as `usernames`, but it was conventional that
this return all users somehow associated with or affected by the
message, not just the user who most immediately 'caused' it.

The intended replacement for metadata providers is message schemas:
https://fedora-messaging.readthedocs.io/en/latest/messages.html#schema
There's no hard requirement at present (AFAIK) for schemas to have any
specific required properties or accessors. The `usernames` accessor is
included in the example schema (likely kinda carried over from fedmsg
providers), but again this is documented as "List of users affected by
the action that generated this message."

Some messages do specify the username who triggered it, where that's
even a thing you can identify, but it's not universal and not always
the same key in the same dict in the message.

Ultimately you'd have to pick a set of message types you want to scan
and which do provide the information, and code something the query the
appropriate property from each message.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA